Big match review: Tochigi Uva 2-1 Fujieda MYFC

Fujieda MYFC will leave Tochigi very disappointed after a below par performance and late goal left them without anything to show away to the leagues bottom club. After playing so well recently against the presumed tougher sides in the division, this result will come as a wake up call to MYFC.

Saito rung the changes yet again before this match. In defence, Shinji Tominari missed out completely and Darijiou Okuda dropped to the bench, replaced by Hiroki Narabayashi and Ryuji Mochizuki respectively. In midfield, Hiroyuki Ishida was not in the squad, being replaced with Yuki Okada for his first match since the 17th March 5-1 drubbing by Ryukyu. Up front Oha returned to the bench to be replaced by Takahisa Nishiyama.

Alan was made captain in Tominari’s absence. Kerlon was still unavailable after injury, adding to the list of injured players which meant MYFC could only name five players on a seven man bench. Saito chose to stick with the recent 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 system.

Uva went with a 4-4-2 system, dropping last year’s top scorer Manabu Wakabayashi in favour of Shota Sato and Kyosuke Morimoto up top.

The majority of the first half was a tight affair, with Fujieda becoming frustrated by their opposition. However, it was the hosts who took the lead in the 36th minute through an own goal by Ryuji Mochizuki, who was making his first start of the season after previously only playing one minute of action in 2013.

Both sides made changes at half time. The home side took of Sato for a midfielder, Kazuhisa Hamaoka, to try and hold onto their lead. Saito brought on Okuda for Narabayashi in defence.

Not long into the second half, the away side managed to equalise through a penalty by Takahisa Nishiyama for his third goal of the season.

Fujieda then threw on Takahiro Tanio and Oha for Hisatomi and Alan as they went for the win but it was not enough and in fact unbalanced the side as Tochigi scored a winner in the 83rd minute. Wakabayashi, on as a substitute in the 70th minute, scored with just seven minutes remaining.

Tochigi Uva (4-4-2) – Kobayashi; Komori, Abe, Kawasato, Miyagi; Iwagi, Anma, Ichikawa, Kishida(Satou 64′); S. Sato (Hamaoka 45′), Morimoto (Wakabayashi 70′)

Fujieda MYFC (4-2-3-1) – Shibata; Saito, Narabayashi (Okuda 45′), M. Sato, Mochizuki; Ishii, Hisatomi (Oha 74′), Alan (Tanio 81′), Murase, Okada; Nishiyama

Final score: Tochigi Uva 2-1 Fujieda MYFC

Scorers: Mochizuki OG 36′, Nishiyama (pen) 54′, Wakabayashi 83′

Attendance: 1,443

Next game: Sunday 19th May 1pm (5am UK time) – Honda Lock (home)

Well a very poor result for MYFC against a team which is set to struggle all season. The side seems to be a lot worse off without the creativity of Kerlon in midfield and it is a worrying sign to see just 5 players on the bench. Why not give Williams or Araujo a taste of first team action? At least next week they can bounce back at home to bottom club Honda Lock.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s