Big match review: Fukushima United 2-1 Fujieda MYFC

Travelling with a sparse squad of just 15, including an unfit Toshihide Saito, MYFC will be travelling back to Fujieda disappointed after losing 2-1 to a Fukushima ending a streak of five matches without a win.

Kerlon returned from suspension but Alan and Ken Hisatomi were banned for this match so in came Hiroki Narabayashi as well. There were only four players on the bench, with backup goalkeeper Tatsuya Murao, a half fit Saito plus Oha and Yuta Murase. With the players available, the away side lined up with a 5-4-1 system.

Just twenty five minutes into the match, disaster struck for Saito’s men as Kerlon got a knock and had to be replaced by Yuta Murase. Not the start the visitors needed, especially with their numbers depleted already.

The game went into the half time break goalless although Fujieda did not manage to get one shot on goal in the first 45 minutes, the hosts managed three.

However, that all changed fourteen minutes into the second half when Takumi Hashimoto nodded in Murase’s cross to give the away side the lead. It was Hashimoto’s first goal of the season and Murase had taken his chance from the bench to supply the goal.

They managed to hold onto the lead for just seven minutes though when Shogo Fujimaki brought down a Fukushima player in the box to give the home side a penalty and a chance to equalise.  South Korean forward Kontyon Kim converted the spot kick and the hosts were back on level terms.

Just five minutes later, they did even better than that and took the lead. This time a long ball by goalkeeper Tomoyasu Naito found its way to forward Kousuke Shirai who fired home to give his side the lead.

Oha was then thrown on for Hashimoto but it was too late and Fukushima held onto their lead to move up to 12th place and just one point behind Fujieda.

Fukushima United (4-3-3) – Naito; Okada, Noda, Ohara, KM Kim (Shimizu 87′); Kamoshida, Masuko, Uchiyama (Tokisaki 90+3); Kontyon Kim (HY Kim 76′), Kuno, Shirai

Fujieda MYFC (5-4-1) – Shibata; Sato, Tominari, Okuda, Nakatsuru, Fujimaki; Narabayashi, Ishii, Kerlon (Murase 25′), Hashimoto (Oha 76′); Nishiyama

Final score: Fukushima United 2-1 Fujieda MYFC

Scorers: Hashimoto 59′, Kontyon Kim 65′, Shirai 71′

Attendance: 928

Next game: Saturday 29th June, AC Nagano Parceiro 3pm (away)

Well bad signs for Fujieda then. Just four players on the bench today and then top scorer Kerlon gets injured. Hopefully his injury is not too serious and Alan and Hisatomi will be back next week but it does not get any easier. Next Saturday away to current second place team Nagano Parceiro.

Let’s hope for a win next week!




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s