Big match review: Fujieda MYFC 2-0 Tochigi Uva

Fujieda MYFC bounced back to winning ways with a 2-0 win over bottom Tochigi Uva. Brazilian forward Alan, had an eventful game, as he scored before getting sent off whilst Hiroki Narabayashi also got on the scoresheet.

The team news from today’s game

As predicted, Oha returned to the starting lineup after suspension. He took the place of Takahisa Nishiyama up front with the captain’s armband therefore returning to defender Shinji Tominari.

The big team news was that new signing Kanta Takahashi started in defence in the place of Shogo Nakatsuru. The 21 year old defender only signed yesterday but he was put straight into the starting lineup.

In terms of absentees, Kerlon was on the bench once more and Toshihide Saito was missing from the squad altogether.

The home side had the better of the first half, having the majority of the shots on goal. Fujieda had eight in total in the first half. The man who had two of those shots was Narabayashi and the attacking left back broke the deadlock in the 36th minute.

Tominari crossed the ball in from the right wing. The cross found Oha, who’s shot was blocked and subsequently bounced out to the edge of the box where Narabayashi fired it home first time into the top right hand corner.

Shogo Fujimaki then had a speculative shot from just inside the opposition’s half when he saw the ‘keeper off his line but he was well held by the Tochigi goalkeeper Takizawa.

The home side then doubled their lead just nine minutes later. Ken Hisatomi played a one-two with Oha on the left wing before cutting inside into the box. He was then brought down, earning his side a penalty. Alan stepped up slotted the penalty into the bottom right corner for his sixth goal of the season.

However, just a minute into the second half, the Brazilian striker was sent off for violent conduct. Despite this, Saito decided against making any changes with Oha doing the work up front on his own. The Nigerian had a lively game, having four shots it total.

Tominari was then replaced by Nakatsuru in the 69th minute before Yuki Okada replaced Hisatomi as MYFC looked to wrap up the game.

Uva brought on two forwards of their own off the bench as they looked for a way back into the game but could not break through Fujimaki and debutant Takahashi who formed a solid partnership at the heart of the defence.

Narabayashi then went close again when his free kick from the edge of the area cannoned against the crossbar.

The tireless Oha was then replaced by Nishiyama in the final few minutes. The forward surely went off to a good reception after a good performance by the 18 year old.

Highlights from the match can be seen here –

Fujieda MYFC (4-4-2) – Murao; Tominari (Nakatsuru 69′), Fujimaki, Takahashi, Narabayashi; Ishii, Okuda, Hisatomi (Okada76′), Hashimoto; Alan, Oha (Nishiyama 85′)

Tochigi Uva (4-4-2) – Takizawa; Takazakura, Abe, Sadou, Miyagi; Hiraizumi (Takeuchi 79′), Hamaoka, Ichikawa (Anma 57′), Kishida; Morimoto (Odaka 63′), Wakabayashi

Final score: Fujieda MYFC 2-0 Tochigi Uva

Scorers: Narabayashi 36′, Alan 45′

Attendance: 807

Next game: Saturday 27th July 3pm (7am UK time), Honda Lock (away)

A good solid with for Fujieda today, albeit an expected one. The only real downside was the red card for Alan. He will be suspended for at least the next game so hopefully Kerlon will be nearer to fitness next week otherwise the side could be missing a little Brazilian flair.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s