Emperor’s Cup Review: Shimizu S-Pulse 2-0 Fujieda MYFC

MYFC @ S-Pulse

Fujieda’s fairytale cup run came to end today but they can be more than proud of their performance which saw them keep their Shizuoka J1 rivals Shimizu S-Pulse at bay until the 72nd minute, when two goals by the home side gave them the victory.

Toshihide Saito gave himself at starting spot in the lineup, replacing Shinji Tominari in defence. Shogo Fujimaki moved into midfield with Shogo Nakatsuru replacing Alan, to form to holding midfielders. As expected, Takahisa Nishiyama replaced Akira Toshima up front with the JEF loanee dropping to the bench. Daisuke Ichikawa was named on the bench.

The hosts started with an attacking 3-4-3, with loaness Genki Omae and Dzenan Radoncic part of the front three. The pair would be the ones to watch for Fujieda.

And it was Omae who would have the first real chance of the match. A deep cross to the back post found the on loan Fortuna Dusseldorf forward but his header went just over the bar.

The hosts continued to apply pressure with Radoncic’s shot being well saved by Tatsuya Murao, who pushed the effort out to his right.

Then Fujieda had they first sight of goal. The long punt forward from defence went over everyone and found its way to Yuta Murase but he could only manage a tame effort as the shot was comfortably saved by Toshiyasu Takahara.

The game went it goalless at half time and it was MYFC who had the best chance of the second hal. Takahisa Nishiyama’s cross found Fujimaki in the area but his header was straight at Takahara.

Substitute Kazuya Murata then went closer than anyone else in match as his shot from just outside the box cannoned into the crossbar.

Fujieda were now struggling to keep out their much more illustrious opponents and the break through finally came for S-Pulse in the 72nd minute. A free kick just outside the box was curled into the top left corner by the right foot of Omae.

All of the visitor’s hard work had been undone and just two minutes later they were two goals down. Murao failed to deal with a corner from the far side to leave Radnoncic to poke into an open goal.

Despite the game being move or less over, one of the biggest cheers came in the 81st minute when Ichikawa made his Fujieda debut as he came on for Shogo Nakatsuru against his old club. He even managed to whip in a decent cross from the right but it was header over.

Shimizu S-Pulse (3-4-3) – Takahara; Hiraoka, Jong-a-Pin, Muramatsu; Ishige, Kawai, Honda, Sugiyama (Kazuya 58′); Takagi (Hattanda 90+2), Omae, Radnoncic (Takeuchi 78′)

Fujieda MYFC (4-5-1) – Murao; Okuda, Uchida, Saito (Ishida 84′), Sato; Ishii, Nakatsuru (Ichikawa 81′), Fujimaki, Murase, Hisatomi; Nishiyama (Hashimoto 75′)

Final score: Shimizu S-Pulse 2-0 Fujieda MYFC

Scorers: Omae 72′, Radoncic 74

Attendance: 5,215

Next game: Sunday 15th August 4pm (8am BST), Blaublitz Akita (home)

Well a good performance by Saito’s men. They definitely made Fujieda proud, holding out for 72 minutes against a J1 professional side. There are positives to take, especially as Ichikawa is now available and Hiroyuki Ishida is back playing again.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s