J3 Review: Fujieda MYFC 2-2 FC Ryūkyū

A brilliant comeback by Fujieda ensured they earned their first ever J3 point as they draw 2-2 with FC Ryūkyū, who were top of the league before the match began.

Starting XI before the match

Musashi Mizushima made one change from the team that was defeated last week against J League U22. He brought Park back in goal, replacing Hiroyuki Matsumoto.

Ryukyu began the match with a 4-2-3-1 system, with top scorer Junpei Obata starting the match on the left wing.

Park punching clear

After just 10 minutes, there was a sense of déjà vu for Fujieda as they conceded yet another goal. Takahiro Urashima gave the visitors the lead. It was the centre back’s first of the season but more can be expected as, despite being a defender, he scored eight last year for Sagawa Printing in the JFL.

Nine minutes later, it looked like a mountain to climb for Fujieda as Noritaka Fujisawa doubled the away side’s lead. The attacking midfielder scorer a long range effort after Park was caught out away from goal.

Nishiyama is surrounded by Ryukyu players

With his side 2-0 down, coach Mizushima decided on drastic action, making two substitutions towards the end of the first half. It would appear these substitutions were for tactical reasons but the two players may have been carrying knocks.

Off went Yuta Kutsukake and Yuhei Marumoto and on came Shogo Nakatsuru and Takahiro Tanio, as MYFC  took advantage of the ability to make up to 5 subs in a match in J3.

The second half began with Fujieda still trailing by two goals but Mizushima, as having already thrown on a striker in Tanio, he brought on forward Tsugutoshi Oishi for his first appearance of the season. Takahisa Nishiyama was the man who went off.

Tanio battling with a Ryukyu player

Now Fujieda had two out and out strikers on the field plus, Ken Hisatomi who had started the game up front and it was him who helped MYFC get back into the game.

In the 58th minute Masato Mizuki scored from a Histomi corner to give Fujieda hope.

Ryukyu then brought on two substitutes to try and hold onto their lead but it was not enough and with time ticking away, Fujieda got an equaliser.

Again it was another Hisatomi corner which created the chance and again it was Masato Mizuki who scored, therefore scoring MYFC’s first point of the season and completing the two goal comeback.

The agony and the ecstasy of Mizuki’s equaliser

Fujieda MYFC (4-5-1) – Park; Narabayashi, Mansho,  Kutsukake (Nakatsuru 39′), Ando; Sato (Uchida 77′), Mizuki, Marumoto (Tanio 42′), Nishiyama (Oishi 53′), Hashimoto; Hisatomi

FC Ryūkyū (4-2-3-1) – Kasahara; Asada, Kawabata, Urashima, Okumiya; Tanabe, Mizuno; Obata (Maeshiro 87′), Fujisawa (Tomidokoro 69′), Tomori (Nakayama 60′); Aoki

Scorers: Urashima 10′, Fujisawa 19′, Mizuki 58′, Mizuki 82′

Attendance: 856

Next match: Nagano Parceiro (away) 30/03/14

Fujieda got their first point! And what a way to do it as well, coming back from two goals. The half was definitely Fujieda’s best of the season and it is definitely something to build on. Bring on next week!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s