J3 Review: Fujieda MYFC 0-2 Fukushima United

Fujieda MYFC failed to carry on their winning streak as they lost 2-0 against Fukushima United at the Ecopa Stadium.

Fujieda MYFC staring line-up

After last weekend’s impressive away win over Grulla Morioka, manager Musashi Mizushima decided against making any changes to the starting line-up. There was a change in system though, with a 4-4-2 formation being preferred over last Sunday’s 4-3-3.

Fukushima on the other hand did go for a 4-3-3 formation. Their front three included the two Kims, Kim Kong Chyong and Kim Hong Yeon.

The game started off slowly but it was the visitors who had the first chance. A one-two between Takuto Hashimoto and Takashi Kamoshida allowed the former to get a cross into the box. It eventually fell to Kim KC but he blazed his shot over from 12 yards.

Yusuke Ishii runs with the ball

He didn’t have to wait long though to get on the scoresheet. A deflected shot forced Fujieda goalkeeper Park Iru-Gyu into a save but when the ball rebounded to Junya Kuno, the goalkeeper was to eager to retrieve the ball and ended up conceding a penalty for bundling down the Fukushima forward.

The resulting spot kick was fired home by Kim KC in the 41st minute, despite Park diving the right way.

Yuichiro Edamoto in action.

Fujieda were now looking forward to the half time break but two minutes into first half stoppage time, Fukushima doubled their lead. Kim KC’s corner was headed home by Kim HY, who rose above the MYFC defenders unchallenged.

Fujieda were shell-shocked. Just four minutes before half time it was goalless but going into the break, they were 2-0 down.

The second half saw Fujieda have their first real chances and both fell to top scorer Tsugutoshi Oishi. The first, after a pull back from Ken Hisatomi, was tipped wide by Fukushima goalkeeper Kei Uemura. Then after good hold up play in the box by substitute Mitsuru Mansho, Oishi had another chance to shoot in the box but he fired over.

Mitsuru Mansho shielding the ball.

They proved to be the only chances as the final whistle blew and Fujieda had lost 2-0, giving a second consecutive victory to Fukushima.

Fujieda MYFC (4-4-2) – Park; Hashimoto, Mochizuki (Uchida 76′), Kutsukake, Sato (Narabayashi 76′); Okuda, Edamoto, Hisatomi, Nishiyama (Mizuki 53′); Ishii (Mansho 60′), Oishi

Fukushima United (4-3-3)- Uemura; Sugino, Shimizu, Ohara (Okada 87′), Horigome; Ando, Hashimoto, Kamoshida; Kim KC (Ishido 57′), Kim HY (Kobayashi 90′), Kuno (Tamura 84′)

Scorers: Kim KC 41′, Kim HY 45+2′

Attendance: 935

Next game: Zweigen Kanazawa (away) 19/10/14


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s