J3 Review: Fujieda MYFC 2-2 Nagano Parceiro

Fujieda managed to secure a draw against second place Nagano Parceiro but it could have been a lot better for MYFC, who were two goals up with only fifteen minutes left.

Fujieda line-up before the game

The match was a Fujieda home game but it was played at the Ecopa Stadium again, one of the 2002 FIFA World Cup venues.

Manager Musashi Mizushima decided to go for an unchanged team from the one that beat Fukushima United 3-2 last weekend. There were changes on the substitutes bench though, as Fujieda were brave and decided to play the bench without a goalkeeper on the bench.

Nagano Parceiro went for a 3-4-3 system, as they looked to put pressure on first placed Zweigen Kanazawa.

The game got off to a sluggish start and after just ten minutes, MYFC were forced into a change as Yuichiro Edamoto had to go off injured.  He was replaced by Yuhei Marumoto.

Ken Hisatomi is tracked by two Parceiro players.

The match then kicked into life and ten minutes later, Tsugutoshi Oishi gave the hosts the lead with his 15th league goal of the season.

Oishi’s goal was the main event of the first half as the game went into the break at 1-0.

The second 45 began and despite heavy pressure from Parceiro, Fujieda remained firm. Things then got even better for the home side as in the 64th minute, Oishi bagged his 16th league goal of the season to double MYFC’s lead to 2-0.

Jubilant celebrations as Takahisa Nishiyama jumps on the goal scorer, Tsugutoshi Oishi.

This goal forced Parceiro into a double change in the 67th minute as they looked to get their way back into the game. One of the players who came on was attacking midfielder Naoki Hatada, who already had scored four goals this season.

MYFC then made two changes themselves, replacing the substitute Marumoto with Masaya Sato and also bringing on defensive midfielder Shogo Nakatsuru for striker Takahisa Nishiyama. Mizushima seemed to be attempting to shut up shop for Fujieda.

However, the changes seemed to have a negative effect as 8 minutes after he came on, Hatada pulled a goal back for Parceiro.

Fujieda were now under serious pressure to hold onto their lead but they could not manage it and with just seven minutes left to play, super sub Hatada scored his second of the game to equalise the match at 2-2.

Yuta Kutsukake goes in for a header.

There was to be no more late drama as the game finished 2-2, leaving Fujieda thinking of what might have been.

Fujieda MYFC (4-4-2) – Park; Narabayashi, Mochizuki, Uchida, Hashimoto; Mizuki, Kutsukake, Hisatomi, Edamoto (Marumoto 10′ (Sato 70′)), Nishiyama (Nakatsuru 73′), Oishi

Nagano Parceiro (3-4-3) – Tanaka; Kawanabe, Oshima, Nozawa; Nishiguichi, Arinaga, Ohashi (Hatada 67′), Yamada; Katsumata (Matsup 89′), Unozawa, Sato (Mukai 67′)

Scorers: Oishi 20′, 64′, Hatada 75′, 83′

Attendance: 1,433

Next game: Blaublitz Akita (home) 09/11/14

Photo credit to http://myfc.co.jp/


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s